How does your weight loss management program work?
To start, you’ll have the support of an extensively trained doctor who is certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine. Dr. Roba will tailor a weight loss program to meet your needs. Throughout your program, you’ll have regular time with him and his expert staff to work on behavior modification, helping you unlearn old, unhealthy habits so you can lose the weight – and keep it off.
What is my first step?
To get started with Zinnia Aesthetics & Anti-Aging Clinic’s weight loss management program, book your first appointment. During that appointment, they will gather your entire medical history and take a complete physical examination. They’ll also order labs to ensure you’re not facing any medical conditions that will get in the way of your weight loss. Having a clearer idea of how your unique body works helps them tailor your 12- to 14-week weight loss program to you so it will be more effective and, ultimately, easier for you to maintain.
Will I have to diet and exercise?
Yes. The key to creating your healthy lifestyle is equipping you with tools you can keep up. That means teaching you how to eat well and how to exercise in a way you don’t dread. The weight loss program involves a diet, which will be customized to work best for you. If you love to cook, you can simply keep a food log that you bring with you to your appointments. Or, if food is a challenge for you, Dr. Roba can provide you with nutritionally balanced medical foods so you don’t have to worry about what to eat.
You will also be exercising five days a week, speeding your weight loss and helping you develop healthy habits.
But beyond just diet and exercise, this weight loss program also offers support. You’ll be invited to weekly group and or individual behavioral modification sessions, where you’ll learn how to break your bad habits and put healthy ones in place – for good.
What Diet Programs are offered at Zinnia Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Clinic?
After an extensive interview, medical exam, and appropriate lab testing as well as body composition analysis we will decide on one of four options which are:
1. To select from one of the 6 best diet plans that we can offer that help patients shed weight, which are :
- Plant Based Diet
- Low carb diet
- Low fat diet
- The Mediterranean diet
- The Dash Diet
- Raw food diet
2. Medical Foods which will be provided by our Clinic
3. Intermittent Fasting or time restricted feeding (Instructions on how to fast will be provided by our clinic)
A form of fasting which not only helps patients shed weight
without loosing muscle mass but also promotes auto-phagy
a cellular process by which our body auto digests cellular debris
and repackages for use in energy production .
Our exercise program is focused on tailoring the best exercise protocol taking into consideration the patients health status and cardiovascular conditioning .
Although weight loss is the primary goal, by doing medically supervised exercise program
Sarcopenic obesity can be avoided which simply put is muscle loss instead of fat loss. The patient may loose some weight and may think they are achieving her/his goal ,while in reality they remain obese and unhealthy.
So, being on a healthy weight loss diet and proper medically supervised exercise program patients can retain or even gain muscle while shedding fat.
The program includes aerobic exercise and strength training guidelines based on the
Frequency 5-6 X a week
Intensity- will depend on health status and conditioning
Time - 30-45 minutes of cardiovascular work out and 30-45 min of strength training
Type - aerobic exercise can be running, bicycling, swimming etc.. with the goal of reaching up to 80% of maximum heart rate within an interval training format. The strength training program will be developed specifically tailored to each patient. But in principle, will be based on a repetitious work out plan making sure every major muscle group is involved over a five day period with two days off. Our team will monitor the exercise program on a weekly bases and will suggest ways to improve the experience and results.
Peptide Treatment for Weight Loss
Peptides which are made up of amino acids in peptide bond are signaling molecules that work much like hormones. There are several peptides that are preferentially used in weight loss programs.
1. AOD- 9604 called the Fat Burning Peptide
Is a synthetic analog of the human growth hormone. It has supposedly been approved by the
FDA as a food supplement in the USA.
AOD may help :
- Reduce body fat
- Trigger fat release from obese fat cells
- By mimicking the way natural growth hormone regulates fat metabolism
- Stimulate lipolysis
- By inhibiting lipogenesis
AOD supposedly has no adverse effects on blood sugar and growth
2. MOTSc -Mitochondrial -derived protein
Is a peptide that :
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Increases glucose uptake into muscle cells
- Increases glucose utilization and fatty acid oxidation
The above mentioned properties help in treating obesity and Type 2 diabetes Mellitus
3. CJC1295/Ipamorelin combination which are Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone and peptide
- Their mode of action is by stimulating the release of growth hormone naturally
Beneficial effects associated with CJC-1295/Ipamorelin
- Improve fat loss
- Helps build muscle mass
- Weight loss with a stable BMR
Results are significantly improved with proper dieting and exercise program.
Genetic Testing for Weight Loss:
There are many factors that promote weight gain including overfeeding, inactivity, hormone fluctuation, medications,stress toxins, but one important factor that is frequently over looked is genetic factors causing or contributing to weight gain.
Genetic testing helps personalize the dieting process as wellness and makes weight loss planning more effective.
Genetic testing can analyze ones genetic predisposition to:
- Obesity and increased BMI
- Fat metabolism and lipid profile
- Digestion of carbohydrates
- Detoxification imbalances
- Vitamin deficiency risk Lactose and fructose intolerance
- Type 2 diabetes risk
- Cholesterol dysregulation
- Micro and macro requirements
- Efficacy of exercise among the things
One significant advantage of genetic testing is that it allows the practitioner to recommend a diet, exercise program and supplements tailored to ones unique health status , lifestyle , and genetics derived from the information gathered from the testing.
It's been shown that a personalized diet and exercise program improves weight loss efficiency.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com or call our office at 703 992 9815.
Prescription Medications and Supplements for Weight Loss
Although the aim of our Zinnia Team is to help patients lose weight without the use of prescription medications, sometimes it becomes necessary to use pharmaceutical grade medications as well as supplements that help fire up the bodies metabolic furnace and suppress appetite.
The most common medications used by obesity medicine Doctors and the ones we use here at Zinnia Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Clinic are :
- Phentermine - is a sympathomimetic that suppress appetite and helps weight loss by decreasing ones hunger.
- Qysimia - is a combination of phentermine and topiramate which is a seizure medication when given in combination with phentermine also helps suppress appetite as well as make one feel full, it at times changes the taste of certain foods which can reduce the desire to eat certain foods
- Contrave -is a combination of Bupropion and Naltrexone and is prescribed for management of chronic obesity in adults
- Orlistat - otherwise called Xenical works by reducing fat absorption
Supplements provided by Zinnia Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Clinic are :
Is a lipotropic supplement. Its biological effect is to:
- Increase metabolism to burn fat,
- Remove and transport fat out of the body
- Prevent abnormal accumulation of fat in the liver
- Increase production of lecithin
- Detoxify the liver and improve its function
2. Protrim Plus
Is a weight loss aid that contains vitamins, minerals, and a bulking agent to create a feeling of
satiety. It includes chromium which helps in the metabolism of sugar and other carbohydrates
Contains L-Phenylalanine which is a precursor to neurotransmitters dopamine and
Norepinephrine, and helps support normal levels of gut hormones which control appetite and
4. We also provide weekly Vit B-12 with Mic Injections
Vitamin B12-with Mic contains Bit B12 plus Methionine, Inositol , Choline (MIC) which are
lipotropic agents that breakdown fat and help in the use of food for energy.
The primary compounds in the formula–methionine, inositol, choline–work to metabolize fat
cells and assist in the removal of stored fat in the liver and elsewhere
If you’d like more information about Zinnia Aesthetics & Anti-Aging Clinic’s medically supervised, highly effective weight loss program, call or book your appointment online today.